Hosiery 101/102 Class General Information
What Can You Expect to Learn?
The Hosiery 101/102 course covers the basics of hosiery knitting, the dyeing, finishing, and testing quality of the manufacturing process such as:
- How yarn numbers affect the weight of socks
- Yarns used and how they affect sock characteristics
- Stitch formation
- Mock rib-vs-true rib
- How to determine the needle count of a sock
- How to determine what type of machines different socks are made on
- Learn terminology involved in dyeing and finishing
- Develop understanding of quality issues in each process
- Covers from dyeing and packaging
Blinded by terminology used by Hosiery Manufacturers?
Want to understand the basics of hosiery knitting and dyeing?
These are the courses to help you!
Buzz on over to the Manufacturing Solutions Center (formerly Hosiery Technology Center of North Carolina). Begin to understand the basics of hosiery knitting and dyeing. The Hosiery 101/102 course is intended for all types of people involved with the Hosiery Industry: buyers, retailers, suppliers, schedulers, supervisors, quality control, personnel, designers, and new employees. This class is not for entreprenuers. Entreprenuers click here for more information. Offered by the Manufacturing Solutions Center (formerly Hosiery Technology Center of NC), this program has been developed to serve retail buyers who want to have the knowledge to establish effective negotiations with vendors.
For more information, email Linda York or call 828-327-7000 x4265